This Sunday we will launch our first-ever live stream only service at CenterPoint, due to the Covid-19 quarantine. Some of you may have participated in a live stream worship service before, but I wanted to take a moment and give everyone some guidance so we can all participate together. Here are five tips for online worship during this season.
- Worship – We are used to sitting back and passively watching TV. However, worship is different. Remind yourself, “This is a chance to worship God with God’s people.” Stand during the music and sing out loud. Parents, this is a great time to model family worship for your children. It may be awkward at first. That’s okay. Be intentional about worship.
- Don’t multitask – Approach online worship like you would in person. Don’t fold the laundry or surf the web. By focusing on worship, you are better able to participate in worship.
- Invite healthy neighbors – If you are able, and not high risk yourself, invite a few healthy neighbors or friends to join you. Everyone needs encouragement and hope during this season.
- Take notes – Keep a notepad ready during the sermon. Taking notes helps me focus on the message and not on the thousand other things I need to get done around the house.
- Don’t neglect your spiritual health – With all the focus on our physical health, it can be easy to neglect our spiritual health. Take time each day to focus on your relationship with God. Online worship is simply one way to do this. Pray. Read the Bible. Call several friends each day and encourage them.
While gathering online cannot replicate gathering in person, we are thankful for the ability to gather. Be intentional as we gather in the virtual realm to worship God. See you Sunday!
O Lord our God, you are worthy of all our worship and praise. You are the God who never fails to keep his promises. We thank you that in Jesus’ life, death and resurrection we see your love, justice, mercy, provision, and victory. You are the God who lifts up those who are weighed down. You are the God who gives us courage when we are in fear. You are the God who provides for your children. Our desire is to praise you as long as we live. Inhabit our praises and worship as we gather together.
Through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.