The Key to Community
It seems like our age is marked as an age of conflict. The news is filled with different conflicts every day. This past year has seen many new conflicts spring up at schools. Sports and business are all about conflict. The drive of the age is to conquer the conflict and impose our will on someone else. But is this the life God has for us? Or does walking with Jesus look different? Today we’re beginning a series entitled One Another where we’ll jump in and see how God calls us to relate to one another.
Small Group Discussion
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- What connotations come to mind when you hear about submission? Are they positive or negative?
- In the Gospels, how do we see Christ submitting to those around him?
- Do you agree that the main way we act out submission is by serving one another? Why or why not?
- How can we cultivate a spirit of humility and submission?
- How can we pray for you?
Topics: Belonging, Local Church